parse

Discussion in 'Perl' started by E, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. E

    E Guest

    does anyone know how to take a text file and do this for mysql. parse your
    file and create a new one which is in the
    sql-dump-format

    ex. of the text i have

    in my data file i have ten of these in same format how would i load all in
    my database from the text file. what would the mysql command be or should i
    add something to separate each actor or what?

    IMAGE_NAME: action_2
    TITLE: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    ACTOR: John Rhys-Davies - Gimli
    Marton Csokas - Celeborn
    Lawrence Makoare - Lurtz
    Billy Boyd - Pippin
    Liv Tyler - Arwen
    Dominic Monaghan - Meriadoc Brandybuck
    Hugo Weaving - Elrond
    Ian Holm - Bilbo Baggins
    Elijah Wood - Frodo Baggins
    Peter Corrigan - Otho [Extended Version]
    Sean Bean - Boromir
    Sean Astin - Samwise Gamgee
    Craig Parker - Haldir
    Cate Blanchett - Galadriel