parser error: Could not load type ???.Global in globall.asax line 1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tyson Zwicker, Apr 19, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I'm suddenly unable to run any ASP.net applications. Last week everything
    worked. But now (Mondays!) I get the same error from _every_ application
    I've written:

    Parser Error

    details and modify your source code appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type HTMLTableExtractor.Global

    Source Error:

    <% Application Codebehind = "Global.asax.cs"
    Inherits="HTMLTableExtractor.Global" %>

    This is what I have tried to date:

    1. Erase Global.asax file and replace with a new one. (Didn't work).
    2. Create a whole new empty project, and import old classes in one by one
    (Didn't work).
    3. Erase "bin" folder and rebuild application from scratch. (Didn't work).
    4. Erase all files in
    c:/winnt/system/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files.
    and then rebuild (Didn't Work).
    5. Restarted the ASP.NET thread. (Didn't work).
    6. Restarted IIS. (Didn't work).
    7. Moved everything to new virtual directory. (Didn't work).
    8. Restarted the computer a dozen times..

    Now, I can deploy these applications to another server, and they run, on the
    other server. Just not on my computer. On my computer they don't run from
    IE. Visual studio does not appear to be the problem.

    I'm about ready to use the one solution I do know: FORMAT C: :)

    Any suggestions? Can I remove IIS and reinstall it without screwing up
    Visual Studio and having to reinstall everything?

    Thanks,

    Tyson
    Tyson Zwicker, Apr 19, 2004

  2. I did everything you did and ran into the same issue.

    Here was how I was able to work around it.

    Inside of the Global.asax.vb wrap the Global class inside of the same namespace your project is in:

    NameSpace Group.NameSpace
    Public Class Global
    ------
    End Class
    End NameSpace

    Then Build the app, view in browser and it worked for me.

    I was then able to remove the namespace and everything still worked fine.

    Good Luck,
    Chad

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -

    Post Made from http://www.DotNetJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.
    DotNetJunkies User, May 19, 2004

  3. Tyson Zwicker

    albertponuraj

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi can u help me on parser error

    Hi ,

    I have created on web application . when i am installing that it in my local machine it's working perfectly .
    But when i am installing it in web server . while opening the starting page it's throwing one parsor error like this .

    Parsor error message : COuld not load type 'lundbecl.global'

    line 1 : <%@ Application Inherits='lundbeck.Global' Labguage='c#' %>

    can u help me on it ASAP
    albertponuraj, Jan 29, 2008
  4. Tyson Zwicker

    psusme1

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Parser Error global.asax

    Team Foundation Suite / Visual Studio 2008 / Vista Enterprise (64-bit)

    I have solved my problem…

    I just went into the CTSWeb project properties and changed the Output directory for the “Active Debug” configuration to the local Bin\ folder ( C:\TFS\Sources\CTS\CTSWeb\Bin\ ) for my startup project (my solution has 5 projects total)... so the BUILD would place the CTSWeb.dll on my machine locally rather than the share that houses all of our DLL files on our network when I press F5 (Startup in Debug Mode).

    Startup Project Name: CTSWeb

    -Shawn
    psusme1, Mar 24, 2009