Parser Error: Could not load type

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Abbas, Aug 21, 2009.

  1. Abbas

    Abbas Guest

    I receive the error given below whenever I add a new page to my
    project. I've tried rebuilding the project, as well as deleting the
    DLLs myself and building again. I even tried making a new virtual
    directory in IIS but I still receive the same error message? Any ideas
    what could be causing it?

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'XXX.XXX.WebForm1'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits=XXX.XXX.WebForm1" %>
    Line 2:
    Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//
    EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

    Source File: /xxx/webform1.aspx Line: 1

    Abbas, Aug 21, 2009

  2. Abbas

    Abbas Guest

    On Aug 21, 9:57 am, Abbas <> wrote:
    > I receive the error given below whenever I add a new page to my
    > project.  I've tried rebuilding the project, as well as deleting the
    > DLLs myself and building again.   I even tried making a new virtual
    > directory in IIS but I still receive the same error message? Any ideas
    > what could be causing it?
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'XXX.XXX.WebForm1'.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    > CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" Inherits=XXX.XXX.WebForm1" %>
    > Line 2:
    > Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//
    > EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    >
    > Source File: /xxx/webform1.aspx    Line: 1

    I've also used a reflector to make sure that the class exists in the
    DLL and this is the (empty) code behind

    namespace XXX.XXX
    {
    public partial class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page

    Abbas, Aug 21, 2009