Parser error in global.asax

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jerry Tovar, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Jerry Tovar

    Jerry Tovar Guest

    I am using .net 2003. I am trying to create a C# ASP.Net
    webform. When I attempt to create a new ASP.Net project
    and place a label on my webform, build it and run the
    webform, I get the following error in my browser.

    At one time I was able to successfully create ASP.Net
    webforms. However, now I can not even create a test
    webform. I am unable to create any ASP webforms.

    I am using XP Pro with IIS. But my web root in on our
    network's LAN drive. I am an Admin.

    Here's my error page:

    Parser Error
    resource required to service this request. Please review
    the following specific parse error details and modify
    your source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load
    type 'testnet2.Global'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs"
    Inherits="testnet2.Global" %>

    Source File: \\DSDHOLS01\DEVELOP\FOXPRO\EXP5-208
    \ROOT\\testnet2\global.asax Line: 1
    Jerry Tovar, Oct 20, 2003

  2. 1) Ensure you have the following line in the machine.config file.

    <add assembly="*"/>

    2) Review http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321748
    and ensure you build before viewing the pages.

    3) Does the dll exist in the applications’ \bin directory

    Regards

    Andy Mortimer [MS]
    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only
    Andy Mortimer [MS], Oct 21, 2003

  3. Jerry Tovar

    psusme1

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Team Foundation Suite / Visual Studio 2008 / Vista Enterprise (64-bit)

    I have solved my problem…

    I just went into the CTSWeb project properties (my startup project) and changed the Output directory for the “Active Debug” configuration to the local Bin\ folder ( C:\TFS\Sources\CTS\CTSWeb\Bin\ ) for this project (my solution has 5 projects total)... so the BUILD would place the CTSWeb.dll on my machine locally rather than the share that houses all of our DLL files on our network when I press F5 (Startup in Debug Mode).

    Startup Project Name: CTSWeb

    The problem seemed to be that when we would debug the network share was not allowing IIS to access the startup project's DLL on the share. In the project properties you can set the output path for the startup project's DLL for each of your different configurations (Release, Training, Debug, etc). When I changed the output path for Active Debug to the local machine's Bin\ folder for the startup project it also changed the output path for the other configurations as well and I had to go back in to Release and Training and set them to point to the network share for their output path.

    Hope this helps some of you... it's just a workaround not the actual fix for me. But it is allowing me to Debug so I am happy for now.
    psusme1, Mar 24, 2009