Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencie

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by hifiger2004, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. hifiger2004

    hifiger2004 Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. One of my aspx pages is
    using assembly - AJAXToolKit. But when I try to access the page an error
    will display on the page.

    I hope you could help me solve this problem.

    Thanks

    Please see error message below

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'
    or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="test.aspx.
    vb" Inherits="test" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
    Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
    Line 3:
    Line 4: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"

    Source File: /pfadmin/test.aspx Line: 2

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50727.210
    hifiger2004, Aug 30, 2007

  2. hifiger2004

    Guest

    On Aug 29, 10:48 pm, "hifiger2004"<> wrote:
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I am using ASP.Net 2.0 with AJAX Extensions 1.0. One of my aspx pages is
    > using assembly - AJAXToolKit. But when I try to access the page an error
    > will display on the page.
    >
    > I hope you could help me solve this problem.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Please see error message below
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.
    >
    > Parser Error
    > service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
    > details and modify your source file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit'
    > or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="test.aspx.
    > vb" Inherits="test" %>
    > Line 2: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
    > Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
    > Line 3:
    > Line 4: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    >
    > Source File: /pfadmin/test.aspx Line: 2
    >
    > Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    > why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.
    >
    > WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    > To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    > [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    > Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    > failure logging.
    > To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    > [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
    > Version:2.0.50727.210

    To use the AjaxControlToolkit, you have to reference the actual dll.
    The dll does not (I believe) get added to the GAC on install, so you
    need to make sure that the dll is in your /bin directory, and that the
    dll is not corrupt.

    Joe
    , Aug 30, 2007