Parser Error Message: Could not load type - please HELP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by mp, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. mp

    mp Guest

    I have aspx file VS.NET 2002 with c#
    My application works perfectly on my pc.
    Please, I need help... THANKS :)
    =============================
    1) I would like to know what is minimum files what I must transfering on
    server ( aspx and what else?)

    2) When I tried to put all on brinkster server i got error as is described
    below. I need to know where problem is and how to resolve it. I have tried
    to change web.config file and custom error setting is seting on off
    (<customErrors mode="Off" /> ). I have tried to remove DLL file, rebuild
    again etc. Without results.....
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    ----

    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'WebApplication1.WebForm1'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="MainWebForm.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="WebApplication1.WebForm1" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File: \\genfs3\www27\mirkop\webapplication1\mainwebform.aspx
    Line:1

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET
    Version:1.0.3705.288

    mp, Dec 28, 2003

  2. make sure that MainWebForm.aspx.cs is a part of the project , recompile the
    web app again and put all the dll in the dev's bin into the server bin ,
    including all the reference dll( see the copyLocal property if it is false
    then make it true, except for the System.*)

    Regards
    --
    Erymuzuan Mustapa
    Inter Virtual Sdn. Bhd.