Parser Error when running on prod server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kenneth, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Kenneth

    Kenneth Guest

    Hi,

    I have an asp.net app (testShow.aspx) with a code behind
    file (testShow.aspx.vb) I run on my .NET 2002 dev machine
    and it works alright on the localhost, but when I copy the
    testShow.aspx and the compiled \bin\ directory to the
    production server I get an error message which I don't
    understand.

    *************************************
    Parser Error
    resource required to service this request. Please review
    the following specific parse error details and modify your
    source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load
    type 'test1ShowResult.testShow'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
    Codebehind="testShow.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="test1ShowResult.testShow" %>
    Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
    Transitional//EN">
    Line 3: <HTML>

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\1
    \test1ShowResult\testShow.aspx Line: 1

    ---------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version:1.0.3705.209; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.272

    **********************************

    Anyone that could guide me?

    TIA

    /Kenneth
    Kenneth, Aug 20, 2003

  2. It's either not finding your DLL or it's not finding that type in the DLL.
    Make sure the DLL is in the bin directory in the root of the web
    application, that the root of your application is set up as an application
    in IIS, and that the name of what it inherits is typed property (case is
    important).

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer