Parser Error when running on prod server

Kenneth

Hi,

I have an asp.net app (testShow.aspx) with a code behind
file (testShow.aspx.vb) I run on my .NET 2002 dev machine
and it works alright on the localhost, but when I copy the
testShow.aspx and the compiled \bin\ directory to the
production server I get an error message which I don't
understand.

*************************************
Parser Error
resource required to service this request. Please review
the following specific parse error details and modify your
source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load
type 'test1ShowResult.testShow'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="testShow.aspx.vb"
Inherits="test1ShowResult.testShow" %>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\1
\test1ShowResult\testShow.aspx Line: 1

---------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:1.0.3705.209; ASP.NET Version:1.0.3705.272

Anyone that could guide me?

TIA

/Kenneth

Chris Jackson

It's either not finding your DLL or it's not finding that type in the DLL.
Make sure the DLL is in the bin directory in the root of the web
application, that the root of your application is set up as an application
in IIS, and that the name of what it inherits is typed property (case is
important).