parser/interpreter

Jeff Kish

Hi.

I believe I will soon need to write a program that takes an sql file,
parses/interpretes it, and outputs a second sql file with modifications (like
creating views from tables, doing inserts based on tables/columns found etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about it, and if it involves an
sql parser/interpreter, where I could find some packages/classes I could use?

thanks

Jeff Kish

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Elliott_C=2E_B=E4ck=22?=

Jeff said:
Hi.

I believe I will soon need to write a program that takes an sql file,
parses/interpretes it, and outputs a second sql file with modifications (like
creating views from tables, doing inserts based on tables/columns found etc.)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about it, and if it involves an
sql parser/interpreter, where I could find some packages/classes I could use?

thanks

Jeff Kish

GOOGLE:

http://www.experlog.com/gibello/zql/

Jeff Kish

Thanks to both of you.
It is amazing what you "can't" find sometimes even using google.

I had googled quite a bit (honest) and ended up in places like 'ANTLR' etc,
but never saw javacc or zql at all.

still learning, thanks again for the references.
... if things were slower I'd really investigate why my google did not get what
you recommended.. I really tried several search terms, and figuring out what
"I did wrong" or google did differently would make future
searches/investigations quicker.

In the mean time it sure is nice to have people in the loop.
Jeff Kish