    I'm using XMLSPY.. can its native parser handle imbedded Schematron and
    validate an instace against it?

    /Gabriel

    gabriel, Jun 25, 2003

  2. I believe it is a 2 step process,

    1. validate instance against XSD (XML spy validate file (f8)), note
    scheamtron rules are ignored
    2. if it parses against XSD, run instance against schematron stylehseet
    using XML spy XSLT feature (f10) and look at the output

    Usually this is done programatically so as to appear a once step solution to
    the user.
    You could have a look in XMLspy help for scripting if you want to automate
    this (not tried it myself)

    Colin

    Colin Mackenzie, Jun 25, 2003

  3. gabriel

    gabriel Guest

    When you say "schematron stylesheet" it sounds like you mean a separate
    schema. What I want is to handle schematron language inside a XML Schema,
    inside the appinfo element to be more precise.
    How do I make that happen? :)

    I don't want two seperate schemas... or maybe the maintenance is the same in
    both cases?

    /Gabriel

    gabriel, Jun 25, 2003
  4. this is not my expert area but schematron rules can be standalone or
    embedded in appinfo see

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2002Apr/0070.html

    for an example.

    This allows the rules for XSD and schematron ot live togtehr in one file,
    howver an XSD validator will IGNORE the schematron rules, these have to be
    evaulated as a post process.

    Eddie Robertson is the expert of this and explains the process at

    http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/6317/2002/8/0/9267800/

    Colin

    Colin Mackenzie, Jun 25, 2003