parser VHDL to DOT (graphviz)

amamory

Hi,

I am looking for a parser to translate VHDL to DOT (graphviz).
I want to automaticaly create figures for FSMs and hierarquical
representation of modules.

Does anyone know some starting points ?

regards,
Alexandre

amamory

Mike Treseler escreveu:
The quartus state machine viewer
can pick directed graphs out of vhdl or verilog
code and can print them like this:

http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/pseudo_states.pdf

It is unlikely that a vhdl user would
reinvent this wheel.

-- Mike Treseler

I forgot to mention that it must be a command-line program. I want to
build an "automatic
documentation environment" where the tool generates a latex doc with
things like ports, hierarchy, graphical fsm, etc

something like :
- vhdldoc test.vhd > test.tex
- pdflatex test.tex

but i need a parser to generate the figures related to FSM and
hierarchy.

Dear Mike,
when you say "quartus" you mean Altera's software ?

Alexandre

amamory

(e-mail address removed) escreveu:
Mike Treseler escreveu:

I forgot to mention that it must be a command-line program. I want to
build an "automatic
documentation environment" where the tool generates a latex doc with
things like ports, hierarchy, graphical fsm, etc

something like :
- vhdldoc test.vhd > test.tex
- pdflatex test.tex

but i need a parser to generate the figures related to FSM and
hierarchy.

Dear Mike,
when you say "quartus" you mean Altera's software ?

Alexandre

Moreover, a solution based on free software and/or free libraries
would be better :)

Alexandre

Mike Treseler

Similar tools exist, but no open
source code as far as I know.

Who is the audience?
I would learn more from a working testbench
than a binder full of such documents.

Yes. A licensed copy gives you an interactive
viewer with hierarchical blocks that covers
your requirements except for the command line.
The emacs vhdl-mode speedbar *is* open source
but covers only structure.

-- Mike Treseler