Parsers for C

Nikhil

Hi,

I was interested in knowing of there are parsers in C than can parse C
code in some form of Data Structures and then after some user
manuplation, write back the code in a file.

A commercial tool which can do that would be the best ...

Thanks,

Nikhil

Jack Klein

Hi,

I was interested in knowing of there are parsers in C than can parse C
code in some form of Data Structures and then after some user
manuplation, write back the code in a file.

A commercial tool which can do that would be the best ...

Thanks,

Nikhil

Look at http://www.google.com

Roberto Waltman

Nikhil said:
I was interested in knowing of there are parsers in C than can parse C
code in some form of Data Structures and then after some user
manuplation, write back the code in a file.
A commercial tool which can do that would be the best ...

The following is Rod Pemberton's reply to a similar question:

Keith Thompson

ciju said:
Try Lex & Yacc

The question, which you failed to quote, was:

| I was interested in knowing of there are parsers in C than can parse C
| code in some form of Data Structures and then after some user
| manuplation, write back the code in a file.
|
| A commercial tool which can do that would be the best ...

Please read <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>.

As it turns out, typedefs make C very difficult to parse with just the
usual tools. (I speak from painful experience.) The preprocessor
makes it nearly impossible, unless you parse the code *after* it's
been preprocessed (or implement your own preprocessor as part of your
parser).

A Google search for "C parser" is undoubtedly the best first step.
You can reinvent this particular wheel if you like, but making it
round is going to be harder than you think.

jacob navia

Nikhil a écrit :
Hi,

I was interested in knowing of there are parsers in C than can parse C
code in some form of Data Structures and then after some user
manuplation, write back the code in a file.

A commercial tool which can do that would be the best ...

Thanks,

Nikhil

We distribute the lcc-win32 compiler.

We can do exactly what you want and tailor the compiler to parse C in
the form you want and write back the code as you specify.

Please send your specifications indicating what exactly you want to do
to me or to Q software solutions.

http://www.q-software-solutions.de

jacob