parsing a non-string SOAP return value in Javascript

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Rajarshi, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. Rajarshi

    Rajarshi Guest

    Hi, I have some Javascript that calls SOAP services using the Mozilla
    SOAP client API (Firefox 1.5 and 2.0)

    When I call a service that returns a string, it works fine and I can
    extract the return value.

    However when the SOAP service returns anything else, even as simple as
    xsd:int, I am unable to extract the return value from the SOAP
    response
    (though I suppose I could traverse the DOM of the SOAP response, but
    that seems overkill).

    Does anybody know how to do this? An example is at
    http://rguha.ath.cx/~rguha/tmp/soap.html - you'll see a popup saying
    'Molecular Weight:' - there should be a number after that.

    If you step through the JS code, you'll see the response comes back
    with
    the number, but I just can't see how I can get at the int value.

    Any pointers would be appreciated

    Rajarshi
    Rajarshi, Mar 16, 2007