Parsing (a Series of) Variables

Tobias Müller

Haochen Xie said:
Tobias must not have read your whole code snippet.

I did, but you obviously didn't read _my_ entire post, especially the
quotes that you snipped away.
You should write the for loop like this:

for(double xx; source >> xx; )

He must have thought your code is like "for(number xx; source >> xx;)".
In this case, simply adding "using name = double;" would work.

I was referring to the following original snippet from Stefan Ram:

So if this works with int, it should also work with double.

Tobi

Tobias Müller

Mike Copeland said:
In my system (both VS6.0 and VS10.0 Express) the "using number = x"
nomenclature doesn't compile. That's why I tried the above. 8<{{

"using number = x" is C++11 and equivalent to
"typedef x number".

Tobi