Parsing HTML file with xerces2-j

Xavier

Hi,

I've just download Xerces2 Java and I'd like to parse an HTML file using
the HTMLDOMImplementation found in the org.apache.html.dom package.

First I try :

DOMImplementationRegistry registry =
DOMImplementationRegistry.newInstance();

DOMImplementation domImpl =
(DOMImplementation)registry.getDOMImplementation("HTML");

but it doesn't find any DOM Implementation for HTML.
Then I try :

HTMLDOMImplementation domImpl =
HTMLDOMImplementationImpl.getHTMLDOMImplementation();

DOMImplementationLS domImplLS =
(DOMImplementationLS)domImpl.getFeature("LS","3.0");

LSParser parser =
domImplLS.createLSParser(DOMImplementationLS.MODE_SYNCHRONOUS, null);

Document document = parser.parseURI("C:\\test.html");

but I don't know how to get an instance of HTMLDocument to use the HTML
DOM interfaces.

thks

Joe Kesselman

If you want to parse HTML, you want the NekoHTML parser rather than
normal Xerces. (HTML is not an XML language, though XHTML is.)

Xavier

In fact, I should start at the beginning :

Because w3c DOM interface is too generic (createElement(),
getAttribute(), ...), I want to create my own DOM Implementation (like
HTML4.01/XHTML1.0, MathML or SVG...) from my own schema.

I'll use XercesJ but I don't know how to do.

In XercesJ 2.8 distribution can be found DOM HTML and DOM WML.

I try the 'HTMLDOMImplementation' to parse HTML file and use the HTML
DOM Interface.

Then I should be inspired for my own DOMImplementation.

But I'm not able to use the HTML DOM Implementation.

Could somebody help me ?

Thks