Parsing MS Word client doc into server-side doc...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Wallace, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. John Wallace

    John Wallace Guest

    Hi,
    This could well be very difficult, but anyway...

    A client user prepares an MS Word (2000+) document, including text and
    images and then (somehow) submits all or part of that document (via
    full file submit or clipboard) through an ASP.NET page. The server
    then parses the doc, strips out unecessary word data and saves it as
    an HTML file on the server, saves all the embedded images in a
    separate folder and ensures the links to these images are correct in
    the HTML doc...

    If anyone could even suggest a way to approach this I would be very
    happy!

    I'm familiar with MSHTML, File Upload control, etc. The emphasis is on
    keeping it simple for the user, i.e. not forcing them to save the doc
    as html themselves, etc. However, if that's the only way, how can I
    upload the multiple files this creates in one clean step and match
    them up again on the server?

    Still at a design stage so any ideas welcome!

    Thanks,
    John

    John Wallace, Jul 22, 2003