Parsing MS Word client doc into server-side doc...

John Wallace

Hi,
This could well be very difficult, but anyway...

A client user prepares an MS Word (2000+) document, including text and
images and then (somehow) submits all or part of that document (via
full file submit or clipboard) through an ASP.NET page. The server
then parses the doc, strips out unecessary word data and saves it as
an HTML file on the server, saves all the embedded images in a
separate folder and ensures the links to these images are correct in
the HTML doc...

If anyone could even suggest a way to approach this I would be very
happy!

I'm familiar with MSHTML, File Upload control, etc. The emphasis is on
keeping it simple for the user, i.e. not forcing them to save the doc
as html themselves, etc. However, if that's the only way, how can I
upload the multiple files this creates in one clean step and match
them up again on the server?

Still at a design stage so any ideas welcome!

Thanks,
John