Parsing Raw filter text data using XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by sreenivasan alakappan, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. Hello,
    I am currently having an application that gets the filtered data
    from the ticket register from a gas station.I use this as the input
    stream and use JavaCC to parse this file.

    For Eg, the filtered data will look like:

    01/05/04 11:31
    PUMP 7 REG
    GALLONS 10.081
    @ $1.499/GAL
    FUEL $15.11

    TOTAL $15.11
    VISA $15.11
    TL/NOTAX $15.11
    TAX PD $0.00
    RECEIPT NO. 1-0565

    Currently, I am using JavaCC to write rules to say what is the order
    of each line that I expect and so I form a JJtree for the parsed data
    and use that in my java program to write the gallons of fuel, amount
    and payment type into database.

    But, I wanted to know if there is any other way of doing this. I am
    planning to on using XML for the purpose of parsing. But, I don't have
    any other clue. I would really apriciate any help in this direction.

    Thanks,
    Sreeni.

    sreenivasan alakappan, Jan 13, 2004