    would I use?

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris Dubea, Feb 23, 2006

  2. "Chris Dubea" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This might seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the
    > answer.
    >
    > I've got a table full of information that I want to get into an XML
    > format. I have a schema for the format and I can pretty much
    > manipulate the table however needs to get it into XML.
    >
    > Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools
    > would I use?

    Have a look at the flat-to-XML examples in
    http://servingxml.sourceforge.net/.

    Regards,
    Daniel Parker

    Daniel Parker, Feb 24, 2006

  3. > Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools
    > would I use?

    SOMETHING has to read the existing data and massage it into the new
    format. That something may be you, if you're willing to pound on it by
    hand, in which case all you need is a text editor. Or, if it's currently
    in a sufficiently simple format and is going into a sufficiently simple
    format, a simple pattern-match-and-replace through something like sed
    might suffice.

    Or, of course, you could buy code rather than writing it -- there are a
    number of tools out there for "transcoding" data from other formats
    to/from XML -- but I presume that isn't what you have in mind.

    Basically: The question as you've posed it is FAR too vague, and the
    only possible answer is "maybe". If you can be more specific, maybe
    someone can help you.

    Joe Kesselman, Feb 24, 2006
  4. Chris Dubea

    Guest

    Really gud one.

    Cheeers,
    karthik balaguru

    , Feb 26, 2006
  5. Chris Dubea

    Chris Dubea Guest

    On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:15:32 -0600, Chris Dubea
    <> wrote:

    >This might seem like a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the
    >answer.
    >
    >I've got a table full of information that I want to get into an XML
    >format. I have a schema for the format and I can pretty much
    >manipulate the table however needs to get it into XML.
    >
    >Is it possible to do this without writing code? If so, what tools
    >would I use?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Chris

    Thanks to all who replied.