Parsing XML against multiple complex XSD

duncan.idaho2008

Good morning

I have an XML file that I need to validate in code
The schema definition is spread accross multiple XSD files
there is 'top level' XSD that 'includes' another XSD that 'includes'
multiple other XSDs

All these are in the classpath and can be loaded like so

Source[] sources = new Source[15];

sources[0] = new
StreamSource(getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("schema/
YearTypes-v1-0.xsd"));
sources[1] = new
StreamSource(getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("schema/
WelshDetails-v1-0.xsd"));
sources[2] = new
StreamSource(getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("schema/
UPNtype-v2-0.xsd"));
sources[3] = new
StreamSource(getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("schema/
SuppInfo-v1-0.xsd"));
etc etc

I then create a SchemaFactory

SchemaFactory factory =
SchemaFactory.newInstance(XMLConstants.W3C_XML_SCHEMA_NS_URI);

Schema schema = null;
try {
schema = factory.newSchema(sources);
}
catch (SAXException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
//throw new SchemaValidationException(e.getMessage());
}

This seems to work as schema is not null

However when I try to validate an XML file like so

Validator validator = schema.newValidator();
File xml = new File(.../examplectf.xml";);
StreamSource ss = new StreamSource(xml

try {
validator.validate(ss);

Validation fails with the following validationException

cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'CTfile'.

However CTFile is declared in the top level XSD

I think it may have something to do with the 'includes' however my
reading of the javadoc seems to imply that loading an array with
sources and using this to create the schema factory should combine all
the files.

Does anyone have experience og validating against multiple XSDs in
this way

Thanks
Idaho