    a lesson in design before teaching others.
    [although their Flash site is pretty good]

    *** E-mail is shut off ***

    Developwebsites, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Developwebsites

    Steve R. Guest

    Developwebsites wrote in message ...
    > check out their horrible HTML site,

    Well I can't even visit the site as it's telling me I need an even newer version of Flash, which I
    refuse to download, as Flash sites turn me off anyway.

    Steve,

    Steve R., Nov 12, 2003

  3. (Developwebsites) wrote in message news:<>...
    > check out their horrible HTML site,
    > http://www.parsons.edu
    > a worse site I've yet to see for a school with a good rep offering
    > classes in web design. Text without line breaks. A 12 year old
    > could see this is unreadable. It would appear their own teachers need
    > a lesson in design before teaching others.
    > [although their Flash site is pretty good]

    Why did you post this? Do you have a grudge against the developer?
    Did they ask you to post for a critique?

    What's your stuff like?

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 12, 2003
  4. William Tasso, Nov 12, 2003
  5. >Why did you post this? Do you have a grudge against the developer?
    >Did they ask you to post for a critique?

    I posted this because I am in the market for schools which offer BA or BFA.
    And Parsons is a famous school, however, as you can see judge from their site,
    their developer needs to take a class.
    *** E-mail is shut off ***

    Developwebsites, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Developwebsites

    bjg Guest

    "Steve R." <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Developwebsites wrote in message ...
    > > check out their horrible HTML site,

    > Well I can't even visit the site as it's telling me I need an even newer

    version of Flash, which I
    > refuse to download, as Flash sites turn me off anyway.

    Ditto that. I didn't even read the Flash message, i just saw a you need
    Flash or something message and closed the window.

    bjg, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Developwebsites

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <3fb257bb$>, says...
    > > refuse to download, as Flash sites turn me off anyway.

    > Ditto that. I didn't even read the Flash message, i just saw a you need
    > Flash or something message and closed the window.

    And they say you are not closed minded....

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Nov 12, 2003
  8. Developwebsites

    bjg Guest

    "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <3fb257bb$>, says...
    > > > refuse to download, as Flash sites turn me off anyway.

    > > Ditto that. I didn't even read the Flash message, i just saw a you need
    > > Flash or something message and closed the window.

    > And they say you are not closed minded....

    No, just decisive. Flash sux (for most things). The End.

    bjg, Nov 12, 2003
  9. Developwebsites

    Steve R. Guest

    Whitecrest wrote in message ...
    > Whitecrest Entertainment
    > www.whitecrestent.com

    Oh no, not another of those websites which *forces* you to scroll to read a tiny bit of text.

    Why? Why? Why?

    Steve R., Nov 12, 2003
  10. In article <>,
    says...
    > >Why did you post this? Do you have a grudge against the developer?
    > >Did they ask you to post for a critique?

    > I posted this because I am in the market for schools which offer BA or BFA.
    > And Parsons is a famous school, however, as you can see judge from their site,
    > their developer needs to take a class.

    So? How does the quality of their web site relate to the quality of
    their courses? Have a look at http://www.ox.ac.uk/ - probably one of
    the best universities in the world, and one that Harvard and Yale aspire
    to.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 12, 2003
  11. Developwebsites

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <yZssb.1779$>, "Steve
    R." <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> says...
    > Whitecrest wrote in message ...
    > > Whitecrest Entertainment
    > > www.whitecrestent.com

    > Oh no, not another of those websites which *forces* you to scroll to read a tiny bit of text.

    Yup, one of "those" sites.... Hey, wait a second.... I can't "FORCE"
    you to do anything remember?

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Nov 12, 2003
  12. >So? How does the quality of their web site relate to the quality of
    >their courses?

    ok, good point.
    how does the quality of my portfolio relate to what I can do for you?
    or,
    a lack of experience on my resume doesnt mean I cant do the job,
    or,
    just maybe since they cant their teachers to design a descent site maybe the
    teachers suck.
    a school i wont be attending.

    *** E-mail is shut off ***

    Developwebsites, Nov 12, 2003
  13. Developwebsites

    SAZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > >Why did you post this? Do you have a grudge against the developer?
    > > >Did they ask you to post for a critique?

    > > I posted this because I am in the market for schools which offer BA or BFA.
    > > And Parsons is a famous school, however, as you can see judge from their site,
    > > their developer needs to take a class.

    > So? How does the quality of their web site relate to the quality of
    > their courses? Have a look at http://www.ox.ac.uk/ - probably one of
    > the best universities in the world, and one that Harvard and Yale aspire
    > to.

    Hywel, you make a valid point, but first impressions stick...and this
    really is a bad first impression, regardless of what Parson's strengths
    may be.

    SAZ, Nov 13, 2003