Part 2: How to prevent duplicated entry in array of the hash ...please

Cyrus

One more thing to add is a system has multiple disks, & I have more
than 200 systems to check for system, disk & disk status. to make it
more clear if script finds an error say on system-X with disk 2 &
status No-In-Service it notify user and go to the next system, when it
hits same system again it checks to see if this is a same system if so
if this is a same disk if this is same system & same disk & same status
then don't notify user simply go to the next till the status of the
disk gets change when it hits that system again!

I'm new in this group, I would like to ask all of the Perl experts out
there, if any one knows how to prevent a duplicated entry in array of
the hash: here is what I need to do. The script periodically check for
disk status if there is an error it adds it to array of the hash with
keys & value, what I need is before it push/append it to the array of
the hash it check to see if the key & value exists if not then
push/append it else do other stuff or next....I need to check for all
keys & value
Thanks in advance & hop I can get an answer from one of you guys..
Cheers

Here is a portion of the code:
While (<>) {
my $sh = $c->show_disk();
foreach my $sys (@sys_arry) {
foreach my $el (@$sh) {
if ($el->{'status'} ne "OK")
{
# Here I know I should check to see if the keys & value exits
but don't know how!!
push @DiskErr, {sys=>$sys, disk=>$el->{'id'},
status=>$el->{'status'}};
} else
{
print "$sys: Status OK\n";

A. Sinan Unur

I'm new in this group,

Then you should read the posting guidelines. They contain valuable
information on how to maximize your chances of getting useful responses.

Also, don't keep starting new threads. Keep messages on the same topic
within the same thread.
Thanks in advance

You are welcome in advance.

Sinan