    main page and having the simplified page automatically changed.

    Thanks a lot,
    Willy.

    Willy, Mar 28, 2005

  2. On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:48:36 +0200, Willy <> wrote:

    > I have a page. There is some sponsoring on top and bottom and a lot of
    > additional explanation on the page. Somewhere in the middle of the page is
    > the actual data located, the data that people look for when they come to
    > visit my site. To make it a lot easier for them, I created on the top of the
    > page a link to another page which only contains the actual data. This data
    > is a copy and paste of the data in the index.html page. This means I have to
    > make updates on two pages.

    Just out of curiosity:

    1) Why don't you clean up the sponsoring and other clutter in the original page?
    2) What do you think happens if Google gets a hold of that second page (clean
    code, good ration content:code)? Where will your visitors land within your site
    through SERPs, do you think?

    Barbara de Zoete, Mar 28, 2005

  3. Willy

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:48:36 +0200, "Willy" <> wrote:

    This data
    : is a copy and paste of the data in the index.html page. This means I have to
    : make updates on two pages.
    : Isn't it possible to let the second page show data it gets out of the
    : index.html page. In this way making it possible to change or update only the
    : main page and having the simplified page automatically changed.

    Read this:
    http://bignosebird.com/ssi.shtml

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Mar 28, 2005
  4. Willy

    Willy Guest

    Hi,

    Giving the subject a second thought, I think I'll remove the actual data
    from the main page. Firts visitors can read the additional info before
    hitting the link to the data-page. Habituals can use the link immediately.

    Still I'm curious if it isn't technical possible to make a page showing data
    it retrieves from e.g. in between two anchors on another page.

    Thanks,
    Willy.
    ---------

    Willy, Mar 28, 2005