Part of a page

Willy

Hi,

I have a page. There is some sponsoring on top and bottom and a lot of
additional explanation on the page. Somewhere in the middle of the page is
the actual data located, the data that people look for when they come to
visit my site. To make it a lot easier for them, I created on the top of the
page a link to another page which only contains the actual data. This data
is a copy and paste of the data in the index.html page. This means I have to
make updates on two pages.
Isn't it possible to let the second page show data it gets out of the
index.html page. In this way making it possible to change or update only the
main page and having the simplified page automatically changed.

Thanks a lot,
Willy.

Barbara de Zoete

I have a page. There is some sponsoring on top and bottom and a lot of
additional explanation on the page. Somewhere in the middle of the page is
the actual data located, the data that people look for when they come to
visit my site. To make it a lot easier for them, I created on the top of the
page a link to another page which only contains the actual data. This data
is a copy and paste of the data in the index.html page. This means I have to
make updates on two pages.

Just out of curiosity:

1) Why don't you clean up the sponsoring and other clutter in the original page?
2) What do you think happens if Google gets a hold of that second page (clean
code, good ration content:code)? Where will your visitors land within your site
through SERPs, do you think?

Sid Ismail

This data
: is a copy and paste of the data in the index.html page. This means I have to
: make updates on two pages.
: Isn't it possible to let the second page show data it gets out of the
: index.html page. In this way making it possible to change or update only the
: main page and having the simplified page automatically changed.

Read this:
http://bignosebird.com/ssi.shtml

Sid

Willy

Hi,

Giving the subject a second thought, I think I'll remove the actual data
from the main page. Firts visitors can read the additional info before
hitting the link to the data-page. Habituals can use the link immediately.

Still I'm curious if it isn't technical possible to make a page showing data
it retrieves from e.g. in between two anchors on another page.

Thanks,
Willy.
---------