Part of form already filled in, is this possible

Discussion in 'HTML' started by smk17, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. smk17

    smk17 Guest

    I've spent the last few minutes searching for this question and I
    found an answer, but it wasn't quite what the client wanted.

    I have a simple online form where the user needs to fill out five
    fields out of nine. The other four are already there and filled out
    for the user. When they hit submit, all data is sent to us.

    But, if they desire (for whatever reason) the user can possibly delete
    what is already there and fill in something else. We do not want that.

    Is there a way to have that info already filled in and untouchable? I
    thought about having it type="hidden" but I think the client wants the
    user to be able to see it.

    The test page example is here: http://gmptraining.aem.cornell.edu/international/05_international/back-05.htm

    Thanks
    Steve
    smk17, Sep 10, 2008

  2. Sherm Pendley, Sep 10, 2008

  3. smk17 wrote:
    > I've spent the last few minutes searching for this question and I
    > found an answer, but it wasn't quite what the client wanted.

    > The test page example is here: http://gmptraining.aem.cornell.edu/international/05_international/back-05.htm

    No solution at all. Don't believe me?

    Check your gmp_international_wiretransfer_form.txt file.

    Don't want values you already know to be change in a user form? Then
    DON'T put them in the form to be transmitted and keep them on the server
    where they can not be manipulated. Nothing stopping you from informing
    the user of the info as plain text though.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO