Partial Blur

chicorbleak

Hello,

I'm looking for an image manipulation library which would allow me to
blur an oval-shaped part of my picture, instead of the whole thing. I
couldn't find a way to do this using the
tools I see in the API of Python Imaging Library.

If you know how to do this, I'd appreciate it if you left a note.

Thanks
CB

Diez B. Roggisch

Hello,

I'm looking for an image manipulation library which would allow me to
blur an oval-shaped part of my picture, instead of the whole thing. I
couldn't find a way to do this using the
tools I see in the API of Python Imaging Library.

Create a copy of the picture (or a rectangle just large enough) with
e.g. Image.crop() followed by a load.

Then blur that image using the appropriate filter.

Using the composite-function you should be able to compose the old image
with the new + an oval mask.

HTH,

Diez