Partial proxy class Visual Studio 2005/C#

roberto

While adding a web service reference to a project there are no C#
classes generated in the design time. This makes extending a web
service quite complicated because when I try to add a partial class the
program stops to compile.

I know it can be done by removing a web reference and generating the
proxy class manually - then extending it, but it denies automatic
project management of VS 2005 (as the web reference has to be updated
quite often).

So may be there is another way of extending a web proxy? What I need is
to overwrite GetWebRequest so it sets KeepAlive to false (I'm dealing
with "established connection has beed closed issue").

Any suggestions? Thanks!

John Saunders

roberto said:
While adding a web service reference to a project there are no C#
classes generated in the design time. This makes extending a web
service quite complicated because when I try to add a partial class the
program stops to compile.

I know it can be done by removing a web reference and generating the
proxy class manually - then extending it, but it denies automatic
project management of VS 2005 (as the web reference has to be updated
quite often).

So may be there is another way of extending a web proxy? What I need is
to overwrite GetWebRequest so it sets KeepAlive to false (I'm dealing
with "established connection has beed closed issue").

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Is the proxy class sealed? Can you inherit from it?

John