    I tried a search but got so many hits related to Ajax that I gave up.

    Thanks

    Robert
    =?Utf-8?B?UmJydA==?=, Nov 17, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmJydA==?=

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    It is probably SmartNavigation you are referring to.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

    Teemu Keiski, Nov 17, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UmJydA==?=

    Rbrt Guest

    Hey Teemu. Howsta nappa?

    What is SmartNavigation?

    Rbrt, Nov 17, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UmJydA==?=

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    You can set SmartNavigation="true" on Page directive. It's the previous
    mechanism (in ASP.NEt 1.x, obosolete but exists in v2.x) to prevent refresh
    on postbacks, and to keep scroll positions etc.

    Teemu Keiski, Nov 17, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UmJydA==?=

    Rbrt Guest

    Tried that. Now I get Stack Overflow on Line 0 if I click the submit button
    more than once. This message comes after all the events in the page have been
    fired, so I'd say the feature is not so well supported any more. Am I missing
    something?

    Rbrt, Nov 18, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?UmJydA==?=

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Nope, SmartNavigation didn't (doesn't) work out well so, best way *really*
    is to stick to ASP.NET Ajax or some commercial Ajax library. In ASP.NEt 2.0
    you certainly can use client callbacks (call backs to server-sise code) too,
    in case you just want to deal with the client-side yourself

    In ASP.NET 2.0 scroll position can be kep by using
    MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="True" to @Page directive. Focus can be set
    with SetFocus method of the Page.

    Teemu Keiski, Nov 18, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?UmJydA==?=

    Rbrt Guest

    You work a long day!

    I figured out why I was getting the error. I also had
    MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="True" set in the page. When I removed that,
    the stack overflow went away. Apparently IE is not too happy with both turned
    on. Thanks!

    Rbrt, Nov 18, 2007