Pascal-style "types"

Adam

Hi,

It is possible, in VB asp.net, to have something along the same lines as
Pascal "types"?

By that, I mean something like (in Pascal)

Type
TOrganisaztion = (customer, supplier, other);

Var
organisation : TOrganisation;

<later on in code>

if (organisation=customer) then.....

I know I could use public static's or something, but that's more like a
"const" than a "type"

TIA,
A.

Tampa.NET Koder

Try posting this in the languages newsgroup
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb ( i think)

I'm sure you could get a definate answer there.

Chris R. Timmons

Hi,

It is possible, in VB asp.net, to have something along the same
lines as Pascal "types"?

By that, I mean something like (in Pascal)

Type
TOrganisaztion = (customer, supplier, other);

Var
organisation : TOrganisation;

<later on in code>

if (organisation=customer) then.....

I know I could use public static's or something, but that's more
like a "const" than a "type"

Adam,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemEnumClassTopic.asp

or