    looks unprofessional to present the user an option of
    "As_Shown_in_Blue_Extra_Large_Add_$5.00".

    I don't know too much about forms so any pointers are appreciated! Thanks.
    Iceman, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Iceman

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Iceman" <icedoggydogAThotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have a form set up that includes pull down menus that are sent to a
    >shopping cart Basket page. It works fine whenever the "code" being passed
    >is the same as the prompt. However I have a problem in that the code in my
    >shopping cart does not allow any spaces. I have the following example for a
    >color selection:
    >
    >The form option is "As Shown"
    >That passes to the Basket Page as "As Shown"
    >Since there is a space it causes an error - I need to pass it to the Basket
    >as "As_Shown" which is how the "code" is set up in the Basket.

    Sounds like the shopping basket script could have been written better.
    Are you really not able to fix that, rather than mucking about with
    underscores?

    >I can certainly change things so my prompt and code are the same, but it
    >looks unprofessional to present the user an option of
    >"As_Shown_in_Blue_Extra_Large_Add_$5.00".

    Unless there's something you're not telling us I don't see what the
    problem is.
    <option value="As_Shown">As Shown</option>

    The user sees a space, the shopping basket script sees an underscore,
    everyone is happy.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Jan 7, 2004