pass data to a text file! What this error means?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sympatico, Feb 7, 2005.

  1. sympatico

    sympatico Guest

    hi, pls help me slove this problem. i am a newbie in using asp.net and SQL
    server 2000 and my problem for now is to pass data to a textfile and i have
    fail to do so.

    the way i did it was i used a datagrid to display certain data for the user
    to choose, as they check the checkbox beside the data, the data shall be
    store into a text file. therefore, i wrote this

    oWrite = oFile.CreateText("C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VolunteerMatch\tempstore.txt")
    oWrite.WriteLine(Request.Form("mycheckboxgroup"))
    oWrite.Close()

    but in the end, it shows the error like this

    Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VolunteerMatch\tempstore.txt" is denied.

    granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
    ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or
    Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
    impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
    impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically
    IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

    To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer,
    choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the
    appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the
    boxes for the desired access

    i do not really know wat this means, could you please help me solve this
    problem? and can u please suggest me how to trigger searching capability?
    can i use the data in the text file to trigger search with other database
    data, so that certain data can be find out as a search result?

    pls help

    sympatico, Feb 7, 2005