Pass data to a variable

Felipe Contreras

Completely agree with you, still patterns solve a problem in a given
context and obviously (if we are talking about developing software)
in different languages. I don't believe this problems don't exist
just because the language is called Ruby or Java or any other name...

The main idea is to capture the essence of the language and to see
which patterns apply in with way in the language. I posted an
implementation of the Factory Method yesterday in the pattern
catalogue and I made it (on purpose and maybe a bit of lack in Ruby
experience) as it is described in the book. I am sure there is a
Ruby way to do exactly that in a nicer, more elegant way, but exactly
that is what I want to achieve. I would love that people can see the
AHA, WOW. In the book (or other languages) this seemed so difficult
and in Ruby I can do this in a bliss... :)

Cheers,

Enrique Comba Riepenhausen

A: It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
Q: What's wrong with top-posting?