Pass data to asp.net 2.0 web part?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Dave, Apr 2, 2007.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    I've posted this in the asp.net forum but without any response. I have a
    aspx page that I want to pass data into dynamically created
    webparts. Each web part will contain a user control I created
    (WebUserControl1) that exposes a public property (.TestData). This property
    then sets a label control on Web Part's user control....

    WebUserControl1 mycontrol =
    (WebUserControl1)LoadControl("WebUserControl1.ascx");
    mycontrol .TestData= "test data passed to webpart's usercontrol from .aspx";
    mycontrol .ID = "control";

    WebPart myWebPart = WebPartManager1.CreateWebPart(mycontrol);
    myWebPart.Title = "Some Title";
    WebPartManager1.AddWebPart(myWebPart, WebPartManager1.Zones[0], 0);

    But when the page renders, the webpart is created in the zone, with the
    title and user control, but the data passed seems to get lost and is never
    setting the label inside.

    What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Dave.
    Dave, Apr 2, 2007