Pass Datagrid Data To Parent Form

cksj

I have a link on my web app that opens a pop-up window. In the pop-up
window, the user can search for policy information. The result is displayed
on a datagrid. The datagrid has 1 hyperlink column and 3 bound columns. When
the user clicks the hyperlink, it passes the data of the hyperlink to the
parent window. This part works great. However, I would like to pass the data
on all 4 columns to the parent window.
Do you know how I can do this?

Thanks for any ideas,

Cesar

Alexey Kouzmitch

if you're passing with javascript then make a function to populate 4 hidden
fields in the parent window and the submit that form.
if your link is of the form "page.aspx?param=<somevalue>" then just append
more name=value pairs onto your link like such:
"page.aspx?param1=<somevalue>&param2=<someothervalue>.....". You can
implement a column like that with a Template Column. For mroe help on
Template Columns search around the web. You would be looking for something
along the lines of 'Concatenating columns in a datagrid'. There is a really
good book by Dino Esposito that covers this from Microsoft publishing called
'Building Web Solutions with ASP.NET and ADO.NET'.

Alexey.