Pass from parent to child, then update parent with child value...

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Noel Dolan, Jul 18, 2004.

  1. Noel Dolan

    Noel Dolan Guest

    Hi, I know there are a few variations on this questions about, but can't
    find anything that quite does the trick.

    I've got a selected record which has been read in from a database, using
    this I then
    build a (parent) page with a form on it, the form has a text box

    <input type=text name=ArticleImage value='database.ArticleImageName'>,

    and a text area called

    <textarea name=ArticleText>database.ArticleText</textarea>.

    On this page/form I want to be able to call a popup (child) page to show
    alternative images (which will also be read
    in from a database) for ArticleImage and if selected to feed/send this value
    back to parent page/form. However, as
    the user may have change to value of ArticleText on the parent form, I want
    to ensure I don't lose this.

    So basically, can I update the value of input text box on parent,
    ArticleImage, with a value on child page, without doing
    a refresh on parent and thereby possibly/probably losing any changes made to
    textarea ArticleText?

    Thank you in advance,

    Noel.
    Noel Dolan, Jul 18, 2004