pass int to become a variable

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Boki, May 3, 2006.

  1. Boki

    Boki Guest

    Hi,

    Could you please advice,

    can javascript accept this kind of code?

    function resone(cnt)
    {
    alert("document.all.txt_note"+cnt)
    // cnt is the textbox index
    }

    txt_note are textboxs, ( name= txt_note1, name=txt_note2 .... )

    There are buttons be allocated near every textboxs, when the button be
    pressed, I want to get its text string.

    and I have other questions:

    1. does javascript do auto type conversion? ( int to string )
    2. does it possible to do pass value as variable
    ex:

    int boki1 =0;
    int a =1;
    printf ("%d", boki & a.toString );

    // I sure that is not C or java programming, but I want to sure that is
    not doable by pass value to become a variable, I knew it should try
    array, but I saw somebody is try to do this...

    Best regards,
    Boki.
    Boki, May 3, 2006

  2. Boki

    Rhino Guest

    "Boki" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Could you please advice,
    >
    > can javascript accept this kind of code?
    >
    > function resone(cnt)
    > {
    > alert("document.all.txt_note"+cnt)
    > // cnt is the textbox index
    > }
    >
    > txt_note are textboxs, ( name= txt_note1, name=txt_note2 .... )
    >
    > There are buttons be allocated near every textboxs, when the button be
    > pressed, I want to get its text string.
    >
    > and I have other questions:
    >
    > 1. does javascript do auto type conversion? ( int to string )
    > 2. does it possible to do pass value as variable
    > ex:
    >
    > int boki1 =0;
    > int a =1;
    > printf ("%d", boki & a.toString );

    Java and Javascript are completely unrelated languages despite the
    similarity of the names. I think you should be asking this question at
    comp.lang.javascript, not in a Java newsgroup.

    > // I sure that is not C or java programming, but I want to sure that is
    > not doable by pass value to become a variable, I knew it should try
    > array, but I saw somebody is try to do this...

    Sorry, I don't even understand this paragraph but I think the advice to try
    comp.lang.javascript still applies....

    --
    Rhino
    Rhino, May 3, 2006

  3. Boki

    Randall R Guest

    Moar doable with that meal please. Ask in Javascript; theyll have a much
    better response.

    Randall R, May 3, 2006
  4. Boki

    Evertjan. Guest

    Randall R wrote on 03 mei 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Moar doable with that meal please. Ask in Javascript; theyll have a much
    > better response.

    And please do not include astrverside NG, like
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.