    Gang Sheng Guest

    Hi, I am trying to call a web service and get a value object and send the same object back to another web service. Although the two services share the same dll, they are different asmx files. This produced a problem for me since in VS.NET I have to assgin different c# namespaces to the two web services. And I can not cast between Services1.valueObject and Service2.valueObject in the client code

    Any ideas

    Gang Sheng, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Gang Sheng

    Jan Tielens Guest

    This can be done by splitting the WSDL into separate parts. There is an
    article that describes how to do this:
    http://tinyurl.com/24qdv
    Splitting up WSDL: The Importance of targetNamespace
    Scott Seely
    Microsoft Corporation

    August 20, 2002

    WSDL into component pieces based on the XML namespace. This allows for reuse
    of the XML Schema definitions and WSDL elements. (13 printed pages)

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens

    Jan Tielens, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Also the "Sharing Types" article in the same series
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service07162002.asp
    -D

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Feb 20, 2004