pass processing back to asp.dll

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eric, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi,
    I'm trying use the authentication of asp.net inside "classic asp"

    inside IIS i have configured the extension ".asp" to be handled by
    v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll

    So now my code inside Application_AuthenticateRequest will run when
    the request is made to an .asp page. And I can put web.config files to
    do role base security to prevent access to certain .asp pages based on
    roles.

    Now I can't figure out how to pass the processing back to the old
    asp.dll .

    In the root web.config i added a http handler
    <add verb="*" path="*.asp" type="???????"/>

    But what should I put as the type="???"
    so that it will pass processing now to the asp.dll .

    Can I create a custom type to do this? Or has someone made one before/

    Thanks,

    Eric

    Eric, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Eric

    Harshal Guest

    I think the httpHandler entry in Web.Config expects a .NET class. ASP.dll is
    a native dll and I am afraid that you can not pass control back to classic
    ASP.

    Thanks,
    Harshal Pachpande

    Harshal, Jan 19, 2008