pass processing back to asp.dll

Eric

Hi,
I'm trying use the authentication of asp.net inside "classic asp"

inside IIS i have configured the extension ".asp" to be handled by
v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll

So now my code inside Application_AuthenticateRequest will run when
the request is made to an .asp page. And I can put web.config files to
do role base security to prevent access to certain .asp pages based on
roles.

Now I can't figure out how to pass the processing back to the old
asp.dll .

In the root web.config i added a http handler
<add verb="*" path="*.asp" type="???????"/>

But what should I put as the type="???"
so that it will pass processing now to the asp.dll .

Can I create a custom type to do this? Or has someone made one before/

Thanks,

Eric

Harshal

I think the httpHandler entry in Web.Config expects a .NET class. ASP.dll is
a native dll and I am afraid that you can not pass control back to classic
ASP.

Thanks,
Harshal Pachpande