Pass Search Terms from One Frame to Another

SysAdmin07

Hi, Everyone,

I'm attempting to create a webpage with a search function. It
consists of 3 frames (one for the search box, one for the results, and
one to maintain a list of the last few searches). I'm currently
having problems passing the search terms to a different frame so that
someone can see their last few searches. If anyone has any ideas, I'd
appreciate them.

Thanks.

dorayme

"SysAdmin07 said:
Hi, Everyone,

I'm attempting to create a webpage with a search function. It
consists of 3 frames (one for the search box, one for the results, and
one to maintain a list of the last few searches). I'm currently
having problems passing the search terms to a different frame so that
someone can see their last few searches. If anyone has any ideas, I'd
appreciate them.

Thanks.

Why don't you put up your best shot in a url?

SysAdmin07

Why don't you put up your best shot in a url?

Okay, here goes:

The code below is a chunk from my search page.

//Code Begin
<form TARGET="mapFrame" METHOD="POST" ACTION="results2.cfm">
the state) or zip code </span></td>
td>
value="Search" /></td>
value="Reset" /></td>
</form>
//Code End

As you can see here, I am outputting the search results to
"results2.cfm," which is in a frame called "mapFrame." However, I
have another frame that I'd like to list the search terms typed in
from the search box above. It's called resultsFrame.cfm and
currently, it's just skeleton code, as I have yet to figure out how to
do this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Hosking

The code below is a chunk from my search page.

No, a url is the thing with http: at the beginning. ;-)
//Code Begin
<form TARGET="mapFrame" METHOD="POST" ACTION="results2.cfm">
the state) or zip code </span></td>

Missing a said:
td>

Hmm, interesting break. More interesting is the unquoted "area". If you
add quotes, does your life get better?

SysAdmin07

Hi, Everyone,

This is an internal site and I'd rather not post it in a URL for plain
view. Any helpful comments are appreciated.

Thanks again.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit SysAdmin07:
Hi, Everyone,

Everyone just plonked you.
This is an internal site and I'd rather not post it in a URL for plain
view. Any helpful comments are appreciated.

I have an internal solution and I'd rather not post it in public for plain
view.
Thanks again.

You're welcome.