Pass Session Variable from 1.1 to 2.0

aperez

Hi, I need to pass a session variable from an ASP.NET v1.1 page to a
v2.0 page, but haven't been able to do it. The reason is because I
need to embed the 1.1 page in my intranet portal tool so I can ask it
the user id that is currently logged in (using Plumtree, .. I mean
BEA). The portal only supports v1.1. I want to pass that session
variable to multiple pages externally that are running v2.0. Is this
possible? Please help.

Guest

Since session is application-specific, even if they were both ASP.NET 2.0 you
still couldn't do it, since they are each running in a separate appDomain.
You would likely need to come up with some external state mechanism using
remoting to store the "session" with a unique key to both apps someplace
"outside" of each app (database, etc.).
Peter