pass variable to next page with having submit button

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by weiwei, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. weiwei

    weiwei Guest

    Hi all
    I am having trouble, let's say, I have a form text field, and I want
    to pass it to the next page, however, I don not want to use submitted
    button, instead I want to have a variable in link and pass that
    variable to the next page
    see below code

    <form name="form1" method="post" action="">
    name
    <input type="text" name="name">
    </form>
    <%
    name = Server.URLEncode("# wei")
    %>

    is there any way to pass those variable to the next page without
    having the submitted button

    thanks in advance

    weiwei, Aug 20, 2004

  2. weiwei

    joker Guest

    They will be passed on if they click on the link. All you have to do is
    have that page read the values.

    joker, Aug 21, 2004