Pass variables value between diferent pages

ruca

Hi,
How can I pass the values of some variables from page1.aspx to page2.aspx?
I try to define some variables in page2 and then when I click a button in
page1 it will fill that variables (in page2) with values. The proble is that
when I call page2 variable values are NULL.

Like this:

-------------------------------BEGIN
CODE-----------------------------------------------

Imports AppName.ClassNamePage2

Dim m_Page2 as New ClassNamePage2

Private Sub Button1_ServerClick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.ServerClick

//This values are in a DataSet and are correct (I debug them)

m_Page2.m_lIdHrq = CLng(ds.Tables("Dados").Rows(0).Item("IdLevel"))
m_Page2.m_lNivelHrq = CLng(ds.Tables("Dados").Rows(0).Item("Level"))
m_Page2.m_strFnc = CStr(ds.Tables("Dados").Rows(0).Item("Name"))

//this value it is given from a dropdownlist (I check it, and it returns
the right value)
m_Page2.m_lIdFnc = CLng(UserName.SelectedItem.Value.ToString())

Response.Redirect("Page2.aspx")

//When opens page2.aspx the values are NULL

End Sub
-------------------------------END
CODE-----------------------------------------------

How can I solve this?

Sarmad Aljazrawi

Since you are redirecting then the easiest way is to send them as parameters
(Querystrings)

response.redirect("Page2.aspx?m_lIdHrq="& m_Page2.m_lIdHrq &"&m_lNivelHrq="&
m_Page2.m_lNivelHrq &"&m_strFnc="& m_Page2.m_strFnc)

or you can use Session variables.

regards,

ruca

I like it more of your second option. Can you give me an example of that. I
presume that I have to set this variables in my GlobaAsa file, right?

EricJ

unless you want to store the variables on an sql server or work cookieless
you don't have to do anithing special

session.add("VarName",Value)
value = session.item("VarName")

hope it helps

eric

--

Thank's (if you try to help me)
ruca

"Sarmad Aljazrawi" <anonymous[shylme]@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na
mensagem news:[email protected]...
Since you are redirecting then the easiest way is to send them as parameters
(Querystrings)

response.redirect("Page2.aspx?m_lIdHrq="& m_Page2.m_lIdHrq &"&m_lNivelHrq="&
m_Page2.m_lNivelHrq &"&m_strFnc="& m_Page2.m_strFnc)

or you can use Session variables.

regards,
--
Sarmad Aljazrawi
B.Sc. Computer Science, MSDBA, MCP
www.aljazrawi.net

is
that

Sarmad Aljazrawi

No you don't need to set it up in global.asa you can set it any place in the
application.

session("myvar") = value
value = session("myvar")