passing a label value from webform(.aspx) page to a vb6 form

Guest

Hi,

I have a vb6 form which has a label on it. When they click on that label it
will display the new web form and ask them to fill details. Once they fill
details it will give confirmation number. Can i pass this confirmation number
back to windows form and display it using Message box?

please let me know

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Guest

You can save the confirmation number to the database from the webform and
then have the VB6 Windows application query the database record for this
confirmation number then display it.

Guest

Hi,

I cannot do that because the database resides on the server. we install
this vb6 application on the client's computer and it does not have access to
the database.

Thanks,
Sridhar.

Guest

The VB6 app is launching a web page that is also on the server, correct? That
means the page gets processed server side and thus it can indeed access the
database if the proper connection string is supplied to it (suggested to
store the con string in the web.config file).

Guest

Never mind my last post, I was interpreting something else. Anyway, you can
have the vb6 app execute and parse the response of another web page who's
sole job is to get the new confirmation number and write it out for the vb6
app to parse.

Another solution would be the soap tool kit in the vb6 app and execute a web
service that returns the confirmation in xml.

Hope that gives you some ideas.