    detail (a long description, a picture of a product, comments, price, etc.).
    I have not written a single line of code (code-behind) for the first page.
    How can I get the second page and send the querystring parameter?
    JORGE MALDONADO, Mar 17, 2008

  2. JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
    > I am new to ASP.NET 2.0

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    > and I am developing a small application which
    > originally consists of 2 pages. The first page displays a GridView
    > Control loaded with data from a sqlDataSouce. Such a GridView has a
    > field that is a hyperlink to the second page which is supposed to
    > display the detail of the record. What I want to do is to send a
    > QueryString Parameter to the second page with the key to retrieve the
    > record selected and show the information in detail (a long
    > description, a picture of a product, comments, price, etc.). I have
    > not written a single line of code (code-behind) for the first page.
    > How can I get the second page and send the querystring parameter?

    There are several relevant tutorials for using gridviews at
    msdn.microsoft.com, at least one of which will show you how to accomplish
    this task.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"