Passing an Array of records as a Generic to vsim?

Joined
Mar 9, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello community,

I am coding a big design with too many parameters. To limit the generics I define

Code:
type CoreConf is
  record
     a : CoreType;	--
     b : Integer;	-- Number of required instances
     c : Integer;	-- Precision
     d : CoreSpeed; 	-- Required Speed
  end record;
Type ALUConf is array (0 to MAX_CORE_CONFIG-1) of CoreConf;

Now my testbench has this generic, and I want to pass it from vsim -G<GenericName>=<value>

But it does not work. Passing regular generics (like integers ..) do work indeed.

Does vsim command parse such generics correctly?
Can I pass a single record? Such as -GMyConf(2)=(myType,3,2,Fast)

Any clues are appreciated.

Thanks,
Tarek