Passing an Array of records as a Generic to vsim?

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by tarekeldeeb, Mar 10, 2011.

  1. tarekeldeeb

    tarekeldeeb

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Hello community,

    I am coding a big design with too many parameters. To limit the generics I define

    Code:
    type CoreConf is
      record
         a : CoreType;	--
         b : Integer;	-- Number of required instances
         c : Integer;	-- Precision
         d : CoreSpeed; 	-- Required Speed
      end record;
    Type ALUConf is array (0 to MAX_CORE_CONFIG-1) of CoreConf;
    Now my testbench has this generic, and I want to pass it from vsim -G<GenericName>=<value>

    But it does not work. Passing regular generics (like integers ..) do work indeed.

    Does vsim command parse such generics correctly?
    Can I pass a single record? Such as -GMyConf(2)=(myType,3,2,Fast)

    Any clues are appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Tarek

    tarekeldeeb, Mar 10, 2011