Passing args to a running thread...

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by ..:: parizienne ::.., Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Hello everybody,

    I would like to have a program structure allowing me to pass args to a
    running thread in perl. I didn't see any topic on this anywhere. I
    think it is not possible with just a command.

    I thought to a different structure. Could you please tell me if it is
    possible to do that, or is there any other way to achieve this or
    maybe am I completely wrong ???

    1. Control

    I would like to control threads. It means, is there a way to
    pause/resume a thread execution once launched, or do I have to stop
    the thread, get temp data and then launching a new thread again ?

    2. Passing args

    If I want to pass additional args to a running thread, do I have to
    stop the thread, get data back and then relaunch the thread with old
    data and new args ?

    Thanks in advance

    Sincerely yours

    Dan

    ..:: parizienne ::.., Jul 7, 2004

  2. Michal Wojciechowski <> wrote :

    > I suppose you'll find all the answers you need in the tutorial on
    > threads in Perl - see 'perldoc perlthrtut'.

    Yep, sorry, I already read it. Thanks...

    Could maybe someone give me an advice...

    Is it better to use Thread ? Or fork () ?

    If I want an inter-thread communication ?

    Thanks

    Dan

    ..:: parizienne ::.., Jul 8, 2004