Passing checkbox values from one JSP page to another

Discussion in 'Java' started by udelram@gmail.com, May 29, 2007.

    I'm trying to get user selections (using checkboxes) on one JSP
    page(A.jsp) and pass them on to another page.

    So I have one page with a list of dynamically populated items like
    this

    1 [checkbox]
    2 [checkbox]
    n [checkbox]

    Submit button

    So the second page(B.jsp) needs to say " You selected 1,2,3" (apart
    from stuffing them into a database)

    Here's a snippet of code from A.jsp

    <% String url = "jdbc:mysql://...";
    String user= "";
    String pass= "";

    try{
    Class.forName ("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance ();
    Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, user, pass);
    ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM <tablename>");

    while(rs.next()){ %>
    %> checked"></td>

    <% String selection = rs.getString("ID");
    temp = temp + selection + "_";
    }
    rs.close();
    conn.close();
    }catch(Exception e)
    {out.println(e.toString());
    }
    %>
    <form name="form1" method="post" action="B.jsp">
    <label>
    <input type="submit" name="Select" >
    </label>
    </form>
    </BODY>

    The table in question has 2 columns - ID and DESCRIPTION. I also need
    to capture the IDs from all the user selections and pass them on to
    page 2 as a string

    If the user selects items 1, 2, 3, I need to pass _1_2_3

    I'm not familiar with checkboxes and unable to capture only those that
    the user selects. In the example above, I'm trying to capture only
    those IDs from the checkboxes the user selects under temp. Right now,
    every single ID is appended to temp and it looks like _1_2_3_...._n.

    Can you pls. take a look at the code?
    Thank you for your time!

    D.
    , May 29, 2007

    Figured out...

    Thanks..
    , May 30, 2007

  3. sandy Guest

    On May 30, 7:14 am, wrote:
    > Figured out...
    >
    > Thanks..

    i think by using java script on this check boxes we will get the
    boolean as if selected we get true then if checkbox is true then add
    it to request as attribute and display them in another jsp.
    sandy, May 30, 2007
  4. Lew Guest

    sandy wrote:
    > On May 30, 7:14 am, wrote:
    >> Figured out...
    >>
    >> Thanks..

    > i think by using java script on this check boxes we will get the
    > boolean as if selected we get true then if checkbox is true then add
    > it to request as attribute and display them in another jsp.

    Javascript is not required. Use a controller servlet to decipher the request
    parms, then dispatch to the destination JSP with values predefined, say via
    request.setAttribute(). Everything can be done server-side with normal HTML
    form semantics.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, May 30, 2007
  5. Mirunalini

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    I need help in this

    i have a main JSP a child JSP,when i click on the button in main form,the child with three check box inputs,based on the selection in the child JSP,the values of the particular fields in parent form should be filled

    can u help in that?:stupido3:
    Mirunalini, Jun 24, 2011