Passing Credential to SOAP via a .NET remoted object

Steve Drake

All,

I have a WEBPAGE that needs to pass the current credentials to a .NET
remoted object so this can pass the credentials to a SOAP WEBSERVICE (All
written in C#)

But I cannot see how I pass credentials to the remoted object, any ideas?

If there was no remote layer then I could just do :

WebServiceObject.Credentials =
System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;

But System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials is not Serializable so
this does not work with the remeoting layer.

Steve

bruce barker

this can be done if the caller, remoting object and the webservice are all
on the same server. you can pass the handle to the credentials and perform
the impersonation before calling the soap method.

if more than 1 server is used, you will run into the 1 hop rule. you will
have to switch to digest authencation, turn on creditenals delegation. There
is little digest support in .net, so you will have to use the native api
(see kerberos documentation).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)