passing custom variables TO a user control

darrel

I'm doing some .NET work using usercontrols.

I have a usercontrol that I'd like to be able to place on a page and set
some variables to it. Ie, change the number of columns shown, or the type of
data pulled.

I'm reading a bit about doing this here:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0101986/stories/2002/04/16/aspnetCustomPropertiesForUsercontrols.html

And I'm not really sure why this is better than the old way of just checking
for some Querystrings and acting upon that. It seems a LOT more verbose.

Are there any other examples that maybe show off the benefit of passing
variables to a custom user control from it's parent page rather than through
a query string?

-Darrel