Passing data back and forth with a ASP.NET IFrame

Kieran Benton

I'm trying to communicate between a parent document that is controlled
through pure Javascript with an embedded IFrame containing an ASP.NET
form. I can quite easily pass data into hidden fields in the IFrame and
submit the form to pass data to the ASP.NET application.

Now the tricky part! (at least for me, probably not for everyone
else!), how can I set a field in the ASP.NET page (using ASP.NET during
a postback), which I can get the value of within the parent Javascript
controlled page?

I'm at a loss!

souri challa

You can use the RegisterHiddenField method of the Page. It emits a
hidden field that you could use in the client script.