Passing data between threads

Erik de Castro Lopo

Hi all,

I have a script where I create a thread using the thread module. The
thread runs its course and then calls thread.exit ().

However, I'd like to pass some data back to the parent thread before alling
thread.exit () but I can't figure out how.

Any ideas?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo (e-mail address removed) (Yes it's valid)
"It's far too easy to make fun of Microsoft products, but it takes a
real man to make them work, and a god to make them do anything useful"
-- Anonymous

Uwe Hoffmann

Uwe said:
Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

oh you are using the "old thread" module. Try to switch to
the threading module if you are not on a very
old python version ( in this case the module Queue is not available)