    Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.
    Jim
    , Jun 22, 2006

  2. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to put that information in a
    cookie, despite the fact that it is 'sensitive' as you describe. You
    shouldn't have any problem setting a cookie in ASP and reading that
    cookie in ASP.NET, at least not if the cookie just contains a number,
    and the they are in the same root folder (so that they are in the same
    domain, for the cookies).

    -Scott

    humbleaptience, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Jim Guest

    Thank you for the suggestion Scott. I agree and will certainly pass
    this along to the other group...I'm hoping they'd be willing/able to do
    what you suggest.

    I'm guessing by your answer that the Request object is a no-go? It
    would be ideal if there was something I could do solely within the
    confines of my app.

    Thanks again,
    Jim, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Jim -

    The request object (i assume you mean using a POST form on the classic
    ASP page and then requesting it using Request.Form in asp.net) is
    definitely a no-no. I tested it today.

    The only difference I've found in cookies between asp.net and classic
    ASP is that with any characters besides numbers classic asp does the
    equivalent of a Server.URLEncode on the value of the cookie before
    putting it in the cookie - asp.net does not. I've found it is still
    relatively simple to create cookies in asp.net that the classic asp
    page can read easily (again, as long as they are withing the same
    domain, usually you have the ASP pages at http://localhost/default.asp
    and the ASP.NET in http://localhost/asp.netproject/default.aspx)

    -Scott

    humbleaptience, Jun 23, 2006
  5. jim Guest

    Scott,

    RE: the Request object...that's kinda what I thought my answer would
    be. We'll see what we can do about having them create a cookie in
    their ASP app that I'll be able to use in my ASP.NET app.

    Thanks for taking the time out to research and reply.

    Kind regards,
    jim, Jun 23, 2006