Passing data to parent from child in different domain

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmVpbmhvbGQgTWFubnNiZXJnZXI=?=, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. Hello

    I want to pass data from one page to another, more specifically I want to pass data from a child page to a parent page

    My parent page (parentpage.htm) does
    ----
    window.open("childpage.htm", "_blank"); // calling a local pag
    ----

    My client page (childpage.htm) does
    ----
    window.opener.document.all.item("TextBox1").value = "some data"; // fill input field in parentpage.ht
    ----

    This works fine, as long as childpage.htm is in the same domain as parentpage.htm. When childpage.htm is in a different domain the call of window.open (in parentpage.htm) will look like
    ----
    window.open("http://www.somefunnydomain.com/SomeDirectory/childpage.htm", "_blank"); // calling a remote pag
    ----

    In this case, childpage.htm cannot access properties and methods of window.opener, because parentpage.htm is in a different domain
    My question is: How can I get this done anyway

    The solution I am looking for has to be client side, because my parent page is a page of Microsoft CRM. That page cannot be changed, it only can be customized: buttons and menu items can be added. These buttons and/or menu items typically call other pages.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated

    Thanks

    Reinhold
    =?Utf-8?B?UmVpbmhvbGQgTWFubnNiZXJnZXI=?=, Jun 1, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmVpbmhvbGQgTWFubnNiZXJnZXI=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    it can not be done clientside, as it breaks security rules. the only
    approach is serverside.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Reinhold Mannsberger" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Hello!
    >
    > I want to pass data from one page to another, more specifically I want to

    pass data from a child page to a parent page.

    > My parent page (parentpage.htm) does:
    > -----
    > window.open("childpage.htm", "_blank"); // calling a local page
    > -----
    >
    > My client page (childpage.htm) does:
    > -----
    > window.opener.document.all.item("TextBox1").value = "some data"; // fill

    input field in parentpage.htm
    > -----
    >
    > This works fine, as long as childpage.htm is in the same domain as

    parentpage.htm. When childpage.htm is in a different domain the call of
    window.open (in parentpage.htm) will look like:
    > -----
    > window.open("http://www.somefunnydomain.com/SomeDirectory/childpage.htm",

    "_blank"); // calling a remote page

    bruce barker, Jun 1, 2004